Monday, September 17, 2012

This Isn't the NFL I Used to Know

Break Down of Week:2

In anticipation of my prolonged separation from my one true love (NFL), I set my fantasy line-ups, picked the victors of Sunday's games, and I was off to work. 

Boy, did I pick the wrong day to not call in sick.

You didn't have to cut me off.

Hearing only whispers of the day's NFL action through customers, I was in the dark, both literally and figuratively, arriving home close to midnight. I flipped on S.C. and there I sat, for the next 20 minutes, jaw open, in complete and utter disbelief.

Projections, research, talk shows, analysis; Flush IT. 

Week 2 turned out to be a different realm of reality.

The team that scored the most points in week 1 (Jets), were held to 10 points by Pittsburgh in 27-10 loss. That's right, the Messiah and the Sanchize were silenced for nearly 3 quarters.

I thought America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys were back and relevant in the contender talk again, after they beat up on the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants. Wrong. They were dismantled by the 12th man in Seattle. Same old inconsistent Cowboys. 

It would be inconcievable to have the preseason superbowl faviorite, New England Patriots to lose IN Foxborough right? Wrong again. With a wild ending on a 41 yard missed field goal by the almost automatic Gostkowski, the Cardinals pulled it out. 

You have to be kidding me.

The Eagles, who seem to give the ball to the other team more than their own, (8 turnovers in two games) managed to win another 1 point game over the very formidable Ravens. (At least in comparison with the Browns) 

A high completion percentage equals W's. Vick has taken that to heart. Doing everything in his ability to make sure that ball doesn't hit the ground; even if that means throwing the other team a few. 2-0 right? You tell em Mike.

Saints off to an 0-2 start following bounty gate, while Cam silences all of that sophomore slump chatter. 

The rebuilding Miami Dolphins managed to crush the up and coming (or at least we thought) Raiders.

We did have one model of consistency. The NFL world always seems to place faith in the Chiefs; and they continue to dissapoint, with blow out after blow out. 

For that I applaud you. You made some sense of this weekend.

By the way, what are the Bucs trying to do on that kneel down with 5 seconds left? You honestly thought you were going to jar the ball free and create a reverse Miracle at the Meadow-lands. No, you didn't think that. I know the real incentive behind your madness Coach Schiano.

You have that same pent up rage that I do towards the Giants and their lucky victory methods. Putting myself in your shoes, you being the most recent victim, I understand the rationale. 

But, no, you didn't have to stoop so low.

Don't you see the trend guys? Everything you thought was going to happen, think the opposite. But which week was the fluke? No one is safe. At this point, there is ZERO reliability with week in, week out affairs.

My ESPN Insider, my fantasy research, statistical analysis all wronged me.

I guess that I don't need that though.

I just don't know this league anymore...

Now, you're just the league that I used to know.




No comments:

Post a Comment